- Surface topography with white light interferometry (WLI) and atomic force microscopy (AFM).
- Surface compositional and chemical analysis with x-ray photoelecton spectroscopy (XPS). secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS) and glow discharge mass spectrometry (GDMS).
- Light microscopy, electron microscopy in scanning (SEM) and transmission (TEM) mode, focused ion beam (FIB), electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD), energy dispersive (EDS) and electron energy loss (EELS) spectroscopies.
- Powder X-ray Diffraction (PXD) and in situ measurements.
- Electronic structure calculations at atomistic level.
- Mechanical properties.
- Diffusion effects.
- Measurements and modelling of electrical, magnetic and thermal properties.
- Structural features and properties.
- Thermodynamic properties.
- Solid State Physics, Physical Metallurgy, Materials Science.
- Data Processing, Machine Learning.
The whole range from basic research to industrial development and problem solving. We work in partnership with universities, other research institutes and industry in large and small projects targeting to: competence building-innovation-troubleshooting.
Examples of application fields
- Hydrogen in metals
- Corrosion and oxidation of metals
- Steel and light weight metals
- High Entropy Materials
- Thermoelectric, magnetic, magnetocaloric, elastocaloric materials
- Photovoltaics, optoelectronics and high temperature electronics
- Fuel Cells
- Medical technology, dental materials and biomaterials
- Thin films and coatings
- Gas separation membranes
- Additively manufactured materials